Joel Jaress, Quail Creek Head Golf Professional
Greetings from the Quail Creek Pro Shop! I wanted to take this opportunity to communicate to the community regarding what’s happening in golf. The project on the Roadrunner course is complete, and the resident golfers seem to be very pleased with the final outcome. The bunkers have all been lined with capillary concrete and, so far, have functioned very well concerning drainage. A new type of sand has been added, Arizona Gold, which provides a stunning white color and will be much softer for bunker shots. The newly sprigged greens with Mini Verde came in really great! The color of the greens is amazing, while providing a wonderful putting surface for the entire year, which was the initial goal.
If you are a new golfer to Quail Creek, please be sure to stop in and see the Pro Shop staff so they can register you in Chelsea, which is our automated reservation system for tee times. The staff will also be happy to answer any questions you might have concerning golf at Quail Creek, such as golfing associations, open play, and more. We also provide a monthly golf calendar that is available on the HOA website. This is a good tool to use prior to making tee time requests on the reservation system.
The Arizona Golf Association is scheduled to hold a rules seminar on Monday, Nov. 22, from 10 a.m. to noon. Everyone in the community who may have interest is welcome to attend. The seminar is focused on beginning as well as avid golfers.
We are now having shotgun starts again for all tournament play and some open play. This option for organizing tournaments was sorely missed. It provides a great opportunity for golfers to have more camaraderie while providing an opportunity to get together before and after the round.
Recently, there have been some changes/updates for checking in for tournament play on association days. They are as follows:
* The collection of competition fees will no longer be cash, but rather will be processed at the point of sale by the Pro Shop staff.
* Competition fees will be charged to each player’s member account unless they prefer to use a credit card, gift card, or the player’s winnings/credit account. In this case, annual golfing members will be required to check in at the cashier window.
* Players will not be permitted to pay competition fees for other players.
* Annual golfing members will no longer need to check in at the cashier window for shotgun starts on association days, providing that they use their member charge account.
* Staging of shotgun starts (carts and players) will be at The Grill parking lot or at the Madera Clubhouse parking lot for special events that require the use of the ballroom or other areas needed.
* Distribution of the official scorecards for tournaments will be done at the staging area.
Hopefully, the information in this article is helpful to all golfers. My staff and I are very much looking forward to an exciting golfing season here at Quail Creek!