One hundred eighty-one TWOQC members enjoyed a great evening on Monday, Nov. 11, experiencing all things travel! President Pat Neel recognized our veteran’s service and sacrifices on this Veterans Day. Kathe Alves, Program Chair, explained the Passport Game that everyone was entered to win raffle prizes. REI provided a fashion show, modeled by four Scholarship Committee models.
Thanks to the following vendors that offered demonstrations and Passport Game raffle prizes:
* Jeri Collins drew a big crowd demonstrating how to pack lightly to travel the world with less!
* Bon Voyage Travel from Green Valley contributed a $200 travel voucher and provided information on active travel in the U.S.
* The Border Community Alliance offered information on how to safely access Mexico.
* Diane Quinn demonstrated a way of saving your precious travel photos for posterity.
* REI presented a fashion show with the perfect clothing for travel and everyday active life here in Quail Creek and donated two insulated cups.
* Ruby Jane Fashions, in Tubac, brought her designs that are perfect for cruise travel and to wear for just going out to dinner, and jewelry. She also donated a $150 gift certificate.
* Lauren Jilijian, a Tucson artist, displayed her lovely jewelry, bags, and boot decor made out of re-purposed leather.
* Chelsea Bichekas, from Healthy Skin Dermatology, provided expert skincare advice and donated an Elta MD Skin Care Set.
* Kathe Alves presented information on traveling the world safely and provided pre-travel vaccine and health care considerations. She contributed a basic travel first aid kit for the raffle.
* Cheryl and Michael LaBaw, with local World Travel Agency, offered information about Expedition and Active Travel and donated a Silver Seas Expedition Jacket.
* Bobbi Gordon and Barb Hunsinger gathered TWOQC Membership Travel Memories for a tour down memory lane.
* Cyndy Gierada, with Sunsational Cruises, brought information on Ocean and River Cruises in Europe, South America, and Asia and donated a lovely travel basket.
* Sharon Pulcinella and Bonnie Hyra gathered information on companies that focus on solo travelers. They provided three large gift bags for the raffle.
* Pat Davitt from Voliamo Travel in Tucson brought information for Women’s Travel and Wellness Trips. She generously provided at least eight bags containing her lovely jewelry for the raffle.
Everyone enjoyed the beer and wine bars and a colorful, informative, and fun evening.